Council recovering overpayment relating to a previous property
Housing Benefit Overpayment

0 Thanks
24 Posts
13 years ago
I am receiving LHA directly from the local council in relation to several tenants. Several of them appear to have had overpayments in LHA in the past. The Council is recovering the arrears by deducting the arrears from the LHA paid to me.

As the payment relates to another property, before I even knew the tenant, how can I be deemed to be responsible in anyway?

I suspect the Council can do this - but would be interested in any views in case I can challenge it.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.