Proof that tenant is still in the property
Housing Benefit Overpayment

0 Thanks
23 Posts
13 years ago
Dear Sirs,

We are going through a possession process under section 21. Notice was served correctly with proof and now expired. The situation is as follows:

Council is currently paying us the rent, but wrote us a letter saying the rent will be stopped because we are going through eviction and they can continue paying or pay at the end when finally tenant is out. However what can we use as a proof that the tenant moved out on a certain date, as it will be our word against the tenant's? She might tell the council that she moved out long time ago, although she hadn't and then they can come after us for overpayments.

Thank you


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.