Problems with Insurer

RLA Member_297
RLA Member_297
2 Thanks
7 Posts
11 years ago
I have a licensed HMO property (housing 6 professional tenants) whi was struck by lightning at the beginning of July.
At this moment in time the tenants are in alternative accommodation and the Insurance Company is paying for alternative accomodation / loss of rent.
The loss adjuster (appointed by the insurance broker)initially refused to agree to the estimated costs put forward from my builder and got in his own contracting company. The scope has now bene agreed to be the same as my builder stated originally but the loss adjuster is now arguing over the cost as his company were doing things on the cheap and my builder is re-instating as the house was originally (built just 6 years ago).
Please can you advise what options I have from here. Should I get a QS involved to do a deatiled specification and, if so, does that have to go out to numerous companies? My preferred option is for my trusted builder to do the necessary work.

The insurance broker is not Rentguard but another company that many landlords will trust so this is also a warning to them to watch who they insure with.



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.