Electrical saftey

1 Thanks
11 Posts
10 years ago
Hi there,
I am a Landlord in my own right but currently a tenant in another property and have spent the last year here with no end of problems with the electrics. The Landlady is useless and it normally takes here 6 weeks to get anything sorted or done even when it’s as basic as changing a light fitting.
Since living in the property the oven as malfunctioned and the lighting has been temperamental with light bulbs blowing once a month. I have been without lights in my bedroom and bathroom for a month and when she finally organised an electrician to sort the problem he has stated that I should not use certain light switches as they are not wired correctly in with the rest of the properties wiring.
I find this quite worrying and must mean that she has been renting a property without the proper electrical safety certificate that is required by law. Is there any way I can get an independent check done on the electrics or report her to anyone as I know she will just re-rent to someone else and possible do them harm.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.