housing benefit and change of circumstances

0 Thanks
1 Posts
11 years ago
I have a tenant who currently receives housing benefit and has been in the property for over 2 years. She had two children living with her but they have recently gone to live with their father. Housing benefit say that they will reduce the amount of lha they pay to the single person rate which means my tenant can no longer afford the rent. I am sure I will have to ask them to leave. Is this correct, can they put them in such a vulnerable position. The property was correct for their needs at the commencement of the tenancy. I feel I am being disadvantaged due to this change of circumstances. Any advice?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.