Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
9 Posts
11 years ago
I have a tenant who is nearly 4months in rent arrears,I have sent letters,telephone ,been to the property many times and he will not answer,i know he is in because the key is in the door.
I have issued a section 8,but just noticed under the court proceeding that I have but 2014,and not 2013.
My questions are :
1,Will this effect me issuing a section 21.
2,Can I just give him a one months notice to leave,under the tenancy .
3,Do I have go through the courts,if he does not leave?
4,what is the quickest way to evict him.
5,There is no deposit as I did not take one.
6,To try and get my outstanding rent is it best to evict ,then go through the courts via CCJ

I just want the quikest why way to get the property back,and start again with a paying tenant.


Mick Connors

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.