court fee
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

2 Thanks
25 Posts
10 years ago

If as landlords we apply to court for repossession on a section 8 (or 21 for that matter) who pays for the courts costs and solicitors fees?

Can we
a. just apply to take them out of the bond as usual,

b.have to apply for costs through the court and hopefully get them awarded and then apply through the bond (but this would be a little too late as the bond would probably have been repaid by this time)or

c. is it a case that we just have to pay the court costs and it's a bit of bad luck we're having.

I know is unusual to have any bond left in these cases but I still have the full bond and the tenant doesn't owe any rent and hasn't caused any damage to the property or contents.

Thank you

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.