contents insurance for resident landlord

Liz S
Liz S
0 Thanks
4 Posts
9 years ago
My daughter completes purchase of a 4 bed flat next week. We are having real problems trying to get contents insurance. My daughter will live there and let 3 rooms to friends (some students, some not). It is a top floor flat in a block with a flat roof (for some reason this seems to be relevant althought the building itself is insured under a block policy covered in the service charge). The RLS underwriters have declined to quote, and other landlords insurers will not quote(including Endsleigh and Direct Line). Has anyone any ideas/experience of finding insurance for this sort of situation? Thanks

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.