deposit claim procedure
Tenancy Deposits

3 Thanks
84 Posts
9 years ago
Hi, I am a landlord, but my son is a university student and the land lord has not protected the deposit, and is refusing to give it back. I am still in the negotiating stages, but am interested in what the legal procedure would be.

The landlord has been a pain throughout the tenancy; in typical form, he doesn't think students have rights like other tenants. If he makes me go to court I want to claim a penalty. I understand that mcol is not suitable for this, what would be the court procedure and forms needed?

In my landlord capacity this would be useful too.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.