Seeking court support
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
4 Posts
10 years ago

I have a couple of co-habiting joint tenants in one of my rooms in an HMO. They have been causing a nuisance since their first week of occupation, I issued them a 3 month assured shorthold tenancy agreement, they have not paid the deposit or my administration fee and now they are a month in rent arrears. They have violent arguments and fights which disturbs the other tenant to such an extent he is now moving out. rved then a s21 when they took up their tenancy and have recently served them a section 8 on the grounds of causing nuisance, not maintaining the property to the state it was in when it was let to them, trespassing into other rooms which they have not been given access to, bringing in furniture without my consent, and they are also believed to be taking illegal drugs in the property.

Can anyone tell me whether or not I can now go to the courts for possession. or whether I have to wait until they are more than 8 weeks in arrears. Because they have not paid their rent and I am now loosing another tenant due to their disturbances, I am struggling with paying the mortgage on the property.

The tenants have also recently accused my husband of threatening them and of stamping on the feet of one of them all lies of course, I am thinking of lodging a complaint of nuisance with the police and possible drug taking

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,


A very frustrated landlord.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.