Existing tenant wants to move out and her daughter take over tenancy

3 Thanks
99 Posts
10 years ago
Obviously I will need to do the usual credit checks and ensure the existing guarantor is happy to act on her behalf etc but assuming I'm happy, is it ok for me to simply amend the existing tenancy by replacing her mums name with her name or would I have to create a fresh six month tenancy ? I would really prefer the former option as we're nearly three months into the existing tenancy so if things don't work out I only have to put up with her for another three instead of six months.

Anything else I need to be aware of ?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.