small claims court - is this the best avenue?

1 Thanks
29 Posts
8 years ago
I have been badly let down by a kitchen contractor in my tenanted flat. He has vastly overcharged me (no quote before beginning the job), and fraudulently exchanged goods which I personally bought for inferior ones which he fitted in their place. He has used a foreign electrician and not provided me with any certification for the electrical alterations. The job took over a month when it was agreed to take 1 week (my angry tenants were in residence) , and now the badly fitted appliances have leaked and caused seven hundred pounds worth of damage to the flat below and the common parts. He always wanted to be paid in advance so I have no leverage. I have tried to send a recorded delivery letter which has been returned. Is it worth going down the route of the Small Claims court - he owes me about £1000. I see now (too late) on his website that other clients accuse him of fraud. He says to go ahead and take him to court as he has no money. Any suggestions?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.