Who to serve the S21 to?
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
17 Posts
10 years ago
Hi, I phoned the advice line and was told that I only need to serve the S21 on the tenant who is named on the agreement and who signed it so I have done this.
However I was reading on the forum that if they can prove that someone else is paying towards the rent then they could claim rights as a Tenant if they wanted.
On my bank account, the rent is payed in from an account which is in joint names my Tenant and her husband. Should I also serve an S21 on him too even though she is the only person on the agreement? I do not want to make out he is seen as a Tenant if it is not needed but then again I do not want him to try and claim Tenancy when it goes to Court as I am sure they will not leave on the 29th December as is required.
Thanks for your help.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.