Need to Repossess Property
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

2 Thanks
18 Posts
10 years ago
I rented my property to a family claiming benefits. Originally they had support workers working with them, but when these were withdrawn they fell into serious rent arrears. As a consequence their housing benefit/LHA was paid directly to me.

It now appears that the family have left the property, giving no notice, and the council have not only cancelled the LHA payments to me, but are also claiming for an alleged overpayment.

I have lodged an appeal with the council regarding the overpayment, but need to get repossession of the property. What is the best way to do this? If I need to involve a solicitor, can anyone recommend one, preferably in the Reading area.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.