Possession and
Rent Arrears

David Adams
David Adams
0 Thanks
6 Posts
10 years ago
My tenant's assured shorthold tenancy expires on the 27th February. As he is in rental arrears I wish to end the tenancy asap.
I understand I have to serve a section 21 (1) b notice giving two months notice but do I have to serve this notice myself? Since I live some distance away from the property it would be helpful if I could delegate this task to a third party. If delegation is acceptable can you recommend a reliable organisation that could serve notice legally and be acceptable to the Courts if the tenant refused to vacate?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.