Criminal Damage

Alan Croft
Alan Croft
2 Thanks
33 Posts
10 years ago
our tenant and her biyfriend (not live in) had an argument and he subsequently caused £1200 worth of damage. He was arrested, charged and pleaded guilty in Court. he claimed to be unable to pay as he is unemployed and the judge ordered him to pay £500.00 compensation. So i am £700.00 out of pocket. Can i claim this money from the tenant? our insurance does not cover malicious damage by the tenant or known persons. any suggestions as to how i get my money back?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.