Service of notice
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
1 Posts
10 years ago
I have a tenant who is only paying the rent on alternate months. I have a judgment in the county court for some of the outstanding rent. The tenant is not opening any of his post (his letter box is full) and did not respond to the county court or to me. I have served notice to quit by signed for post (which he has not collected) and by normal post with a certoficate of posting. I am concerned that when the notice period expires on 10 May he will not have vacated and may not know anything about what is going on.

Do I need to serve the Notice to Quit again using a process server? Is there anything else I should do at this stage? How do I physically get him out of the property?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.