Two year tenancy request
Tenancy Types and Management

cosy flat
cosy flat
0 Thanks
11 Posts
9 years ago
I am about to let a stable that has been converted into a one bed detached bungalow in my garden, to a lady who has been lodging in my home for a few months. She has requested a two year Tenancy ( I have suggested with a six month break clause)with a rent review option after one year. Firstly :
Is a two year tenancy advisable and legal?
Because the detached building is not registered as an independent dwelling but is ancillary to my home and is intended for letting - my domestic insurers will not insure the building. Do you have any advice please so I may get the building insured?
Thank you.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.