ombudsman scheme for landlords/agents
Letting Agents

4 Thanks
180 Posts
7 years ago
I have been told that landlords and agants, w.e.f. must belong to an ombudsman scheme. It appears that there are 3 schemes to choose from – 1) the property ombudsman 2) ombudsman services property and 3) a new scheme being set up the property redress scheme. I have telephoned and spoken to No. 1 as I recognised them and they were able to give me some information – they will be able to give impartial advice to members and will provide data sheets etc but the long and the short of it is their scheme costs £294 pa;

We used to be members of the 'Aproved Letting Sceme' a few years ago but decided that it didnt really do much for the money we paid it.

Does anyone have any experiance of this new ruling and the 3 schemes please

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.