serving court form N5B

1 Thanks
4 Posts
9 years ago
We are at the above stage of gaining possession of our property and I am filling the form N5B, the AST having run out and a S21b served previously. My concern is what addresses I should put down for the claimants (my wife and I).
We have moved from our previous house (the one the estate agent and tenants have) and set up a postal redirect so the address is still effective for normal mail but not for mail requiring signatures. We are now both in separate temporary accommodation whilst trying to get our property back but we have not informed the tenants or the estate agents of the new addresses.
I do not want my forms to be rejected because two new addresses have been provided but the tenants were not informed. Do the courts send mail by normal first class or do they send mail which will require signatures? If they only send mail normally then I propose to use my old address for both my wife and I. Other options would include entering my wife as the previous address but providing my new temporary address and asking any notices to be served to me.
Any thoughts and comments with this technicality would be welcome
A troubled landlord

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.