Change of name on tenancy agreement
Campaigning and Policy

1 Thanks
2 Posts
16 years ago
My query relates to a tenant who has just got married.
The tenancy began July 2005 and at that time she had seperated from her previous husband. She has now remarried &has requested to change the tenancy to her new name.
With joint agreement can we just cross through her previous name and write in her new name on the old tenancy agreement.
The benfits to us would be;
1) her old guarantor (her father)would remain guarantor, I'm not sure he would now sign a new contract.
2) If we were to start a new contract, would we then have to place the deposit in one of the new schemes?
3) Because of a problem we experienced with another tenant getting married, we are very wary of adding new husbands to a tenancy agreement, we would prefer to only deal with our original tenant.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.