Tenant Changed Locks
Rent Arrears

Michael Verburg
Michael Verburg
0 Thanks
13 Posts
9 years ago
I have a tenant who is in arrears and has changed the locks on all the external doors. I have posted an eviction notice and Section 8 through the door witnessed by an independant person. As I cannot get access to the property can I inform them that I am getting a locksmith in as I am suspect they have either abandoned the property or are carrying out illegal activities at the property. What is my best course of action?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.