How to pursue CCJ for missing rents from director / owner of "ceased trading" Ltd Co. Agent?
Housing Benefit Overpayment

0 Thanks
5 Posts
5 years ago

I used Eve Walker of AM Property successfully for about 5/6 years, then experienced occasional but significant problems with rent receipts. Late 2014 / early 2015 several months passed without any rent paid over, Statements were missed, and during the next two years 4 monthly payments were not and still have not been made, and almost all other rent receipts were very very late reaching me. Complained formally though Property Ombudsman, who basically accepted my complaint and imposed remedies, this was ignored by AM "old email address, we didn't know" for 1+ year until they were kicked out by Ombudsman, then pretended to pay up but bounced cheque, etc. Reinstated nevertheless by Ombudsman, who washed their hands of it and said go to court. Did that, followed all procedures, claimed for £20,000+ through Money Claims Online, AM didn't respond properly, I got judgement, 2 AM appeals rejected because (1) no defence entered, (2) no show, no defence because "my lawyer / representative got sick" 1 hour before / 200 miles away from hearing, so CCJ now in place. Served an order for questioning re financial status to try to recover this sum (now £23K +), Director lied under oath, didn't bring any required accounts info, and didn't permit any questioning about how the money was diverted. Court apparently toothless. Several other CCJs are in place, and AM Property Director announced company has "ceased trading", although Companies House apparently not aware of this. Ltd company status blatantly being used to protect this individual from numerous creditors, and certainly in my case (and loads of other claims online) this money was stolen / misappropriated / fraudulently diverted from Client / Trust Account into company's - and hence, this indiviual Director's - account. Is there a lawfirm, preferably in Greater Manchester area, who will actively help trace other victims and push this towards a criminal conviction and/or claim on her personal resources? Or what is needed to bring this to the Police's attention?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.