Is there a way?
Property Investment

0 Thanks
9 Posts
4 months ago

I am looking at a property for sale in Wales. It has a sitting tenant who has been there many tears. His rent (about half the local market rate) is partially paid by the Local Authority..

The EPC is F and there is no electrical safety certificate. The property has been badly neglected and needs massive refurbishment, hence considerable investment.

I am not a builder and decent tradespeople are very busy not cheap. Potentially the property would need to be vacent for a few months while the work is done.

My gut is telling me to walk away, but just wondering if you have any suggestions on how to make this a viable investment?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.