Replacing Double Glazing Windows
Tax Planning and Financial

5 Thanks
113 Posts
5 months ago

Hello Friends, 

The double-glazing units in one of my rental properties need to be renewed. The units are approximately 30 years old (old-style aluminum windows). It's causing a lot of damp so it's time to replace them now. 

Can I claim this as an expense? I know it will improve the value of the property but I am reluctantly having to replace them as old windows have failed.

New windows will be UPVC double glazing (A rated), with trickle vents, compliant with building regulations. 

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.