enforcing CCJ
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
5 Posts
12 years ago
I spoke to the helpdesk earlier and they advised the best way to recover nearly 8k of what my ex tenant owes me is to get him declared bankrupt by filling in the insovency 6.2 form. Ive had a look at it and I will need help filling it out. Should I ring in for this help?

Also, I dont know where he lives, he left about 5 weeks ago, I think he might be at his mun and dads or sisters place, I have their addresses. Do, I need to do a proper tenant trace, or can I just send any legal letters for him to his parents/sisters addresses, will the court be okay if I put that as his address, rather than doing the tenant trace?

also, will I be allowed to add the cost of declaring him bankrupt and the cost of tenant trace if I do one, to the debt he owes me?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.