Eviction for vandalism
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
16 Posts
14 years ago
My tenant has been admitted to a psychiatric hospital under the mental health act. He has severley vandalised the flat - smashing the electric ceramic hob, destroying kitchen units, the bathrrom apparently is 'disgusting', he has thrown out the smke detectors etc. He has been seen making fires with petrol and defacating in the garden.
My questions are:
1) Should I serve a s8 notice? He is not at the flat but in hospital (I think), do I just pop it in the letter box? Is it then served? Can you recommend a firm of solicitors to take this matter to court or is it simple to do myself?

2) Am I allowed access to the flat? I have only received reports from his brother and a builder who met him. I would prefer to instrct an agent to make a report and take photos - do you know anyone that does that or should I use a local letting agent?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.