Correct type of agreement to use for letting rooms in a HMO
Tax Planning and Financial

1 Thanks
6 Posts
16 years ago

What is the correct type of agreement to use when letting rooms in a HMO? (Landlord doesn't live there.) The tenants generally have exclusive use of one room (a bedroom), and shared use of kitchen, bathrooms and living rooms.

Is the correct agreement an AST or a Licence agreement? Or somethint else? Is there a choice? Is it allowable to use an AST even though the propery that the tenant lives in is non-self contained, ie because they have to share the kitchen and bathroom with others?



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.