Spouse as partner
Tax Planning and Financial

Dave B
Dave B
0 Thanks
13 Posts
10 years ago
Ever since self-assessment began I have sent in my tax return on our jointly owned property income in my name only. In the first few years this was done by an accountant but I don't use one now. I even had a tax investigation for the year 99/00. I kept my wife out of the tax return because she was a relatively high earner on PAYE.

Now that my wife has finished working it would suit us to share the property income. Is it possible to change this from now on without instigating a reassessment of previous years?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.