Non-resident landlord when net UK rental income below £2,500 and no other UK income
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
6 Posts
11 years ago
My daughter who has been living and working abroad for a few years has just recently started to receive a small amount of rental income from her 25% share of a UK property for which I own and reveive the remmaining 75% income. I declare my income on my self assessment tax return. My understanding from reading the HMRC website is that she does not need to register for self assessment on her small rental income as it well below £2500 after rental expenses are deducted. Is this the case, or does she still need to register as a non-residential landlord even though she has no other UK income?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.