Tenancy Deposit
Tenancy Deposits

0 Thanks
3 Posts
12 years ago
Hello my membership number is 87212, i joined today, i have an issue with deposit protection schemes. My tenant, who has now given notice to leave the property on 12/04/2012, and is in arrears of £600 plus, has taken advice that beaucse i have not given a deposit protection for his deposit of £300 he will now take me to court. The tenancy was originally given in Spetember 2008 but re-written due to the original agent committing indentity theft on me and stealing rents etcs, i gave a new tenancy agreement on 29/01/2009 staing he had paid a deposit of £300, but i failed to place this in a deposit protection scheme, can i do this now? I also have a similar issue with other tenants, although the council have conformed that the original deposit was not paid to me? please help as i am currently undergoing therapy fro stress and this is not helping!

Many thanks

Clive Kingshott

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.