Usual Access Problems

13 Thanks
315 Posts
13 years ago
I have written to my tenant requesting access to the property for the purpose of obtaining a specialist report on some disputed building works. The report has been demanded by a County Court under ongoing civil litigation.

The tenant rarely communicates, has ignored my request and has now advised me that she is under treatment for cancer which may be true.

My understanding of tenancy law is that I as landlord cannot compel access against a tenant's wishes - that could be done only under Court Order and by Court appointed bailiffs.

Clearly there are the sensitivities of the case - presumed true - to consider.

Please advise

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.