Rent arrears what to do after a section 8?
Tenancy Deposits

0 Thanks
13 Posts
15 years ago
My tenant is 3 1/2 months late with the rent because he has come out of work and the council he says have not yet paid him. The council have sent me a series of forms which request info on all my homes with proofs of address, identity and my national insurance details before they will pay me directly. I have served a section 8 and the 2 weeks are up on Monday. What do I do now? I am not a landlord with any experience I am letting out my home while I am working away. If he does leave how do I get the owed rent from him?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.