recommended insurers
Tenancy Deposits

3 Thanks
287 Posts
15 years ago
Try the NFU (National Farmers Union) it works for me. Alternatively try Bates or Norwich Union or an online search for "landlords insurance" then just ask. But do watch out as each insurer has different definitions and their is no universal definition of a "DSS tenant". It is the latter that most insurers avoid, rather than just those poor souls who fall on hard times and need Local Housing Allowance.

You need to be sure of your definitions between the homeless DSS referral for accomodation and those that are merely short of cash and need LHA to pay part or all of their rent.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.