Tenancy Deposits

NRLA Landlord Support
NRLA Landlord Support
9 years ago
You have fallen into a very common trap set by tenants who know the law better than their landlords.
If your tenancy agreement shows he has paid the full deposit then I advise that you pay him that before you can serve a s21.
If it shows only the amount you received, point out it has been "returned" by deducting from arrears,
We do not know yet is a court will accept that as returning the deposit - you will have to see.
You cannot serve a valid s21 until you have returned any deposit you have held for more than 30 days
Dave A

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.