Do I serve a section 8 or a section 21?
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
2 Posts
17 years ago
I have tenants who are over 2 months rent in arrears. Some of that will be paid in part through Housing Benefits. I don't know when that will be and haven't been offered any part payment by the tenants. I'm aware that my contract is with them and not housing benefits but the tenants feel I should be ok about waiting for payment. I can't afford to do this. How is it best to recover the arrears and also gain back posssesion of my property? It was home to myself and my children before I rented out to the same tenants in Oct 05.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.