adcice needed on how to take to court
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
17 Posts
17 years ago
I have finally got my non paying tenants to leave, they have left but have not returned their keys to me. Their tenancy should have run until July 2007.

I have their new address and want to take them to court. My question is what can I claim for?

Clearly I have the rent arrears from the past - but to what date in the future do I calculate the rent due to? Or can I only claim arrears?

What about the fact that the keys are not back with me yet and the tenancy they signed has several months to go until it runs out?

Also which court forms do I use?

The tenants have moved to Scotland and I'm in Yorkshire - do I take them to my local court or one in Scotland?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.