Ex-Tenant on benefits still owes rent - How Can I get the money owed?
Tenancy Types and Management

NMF Cotswolds
NMF Cotswolds
0 Thanks
8 Posts
15 years ago
A tenant has recently vacated my property following the issuing of a section 21, as a result of non-payment of rent. The tenant has moved into her parents' house, for which I have the address. I have pursued the outstanding debt via Money Claim Online, and a Court Judgement (CCJ) has been entered against the tenant. The tenant has not responded to the court notices and made no effort to repay the debt.

I am wondering what is the best way to proceed, as the tenant was on benefits (not working). If I request that the court engage baliffs, there may be nothing available for the baliffs to seize, and I'll be left with an even larger debt as a result of further charges.

Any suggestions welcome.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.