At what point can I legally change the locks
Tenancy Types and Management

NMF Cotswolds
NMF Cotswolds
0 Thanks
8 Posts
16 years ago
I have a tenant who is working and on housing benefit. She has fallen more than 2 months behind with the rent so I have served a section 8 seeking posession with court proceedings beginning after 3rd July. The council have also now terminated her benefit. When I queried this, I discovered she had made a fresh application for another property and the council are of the opinion she moved into the new house on 8th June.

She said she would be out of my property by Friday 29th but has twice now failed to meet me at the house to hand the keys back. When I entered the property at the time of the second failed meeting, she still has a few belongings in the house, and there are several holes "punched" in a plasterboard wall. Can anyone advise on the best way forward.

Many thanks....

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.