change to tenancy agreement
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
4 Posts
12 years ago
I have used the standard RLA AST for a 6 month single tenancy (a lady who also has 3 children), and she is now requesting to extend to a 12 month AST. Is there a particular protocol I need to go through, so that this latest AST over-rides the previously signed AST?

The first was signed on Jan 13th for a Jan 15th tenancy move-in. From my point of view it makes sense to sign a 12 month AST for the security that brings. The Deposit Protection Scheme is what I have used for deposit protection a few days after signing the contract with the tenant.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.