Studio Flat that isn't a Studio Flat
Tenancy Types and Management

4 Thanks
67 Posts
13 years ago
Dear Helpdesk

I am trying to find tenants for a lady who lives in her house and rents out the top room. She calls this a studio but this is a bit ambiguous. It has an ensuite bathroom, but the tenant will share her kitchen with her and does not have a separate entrance to the studio room - having to come in the same front door and walk through the house and up the stairs to get to the studio room. As this is a resident landlord, does she have an AST or a Licence to Occupy? The tenant will have exclusive occupation of the studio room but shares kitchen facilities with the landlord who occupies the rest of the house.

Lucinda Watts

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.