Alternatives to Assured Shorthold Tenancy
Tenancy Types and Management

JH Manchester
JH Manchester
0 Thanks
19 Posts
11 years ago
With particular reference to a house comprising 4 bed-sitting rooms with shared (2)bathrooms and (3)kitchens; rather than sign each new tenancy on an AST with exclusive use of the bed-sitting room and use of designated bathroom and kitchen facilities can I use a license to occupy or common law tenancy? What are the differences between licenses and common law?

I would like to have the ability to bring occupancy to an end more quickly than under AST, mainly to ensure the comfort of the other occupants of the building. If possible.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.