AST or Contractual Licence?
Tenancy Types and Management

2 Thanks
39 Posts
12 years ago
I live in a house with a granny annex. I want to rent out the annex. It has its own front door, but it also has an internal connecting door to my house (which I will lock if there is a tenant in). Please can you advise me whether I should use an AST or some other form of agreement, because although I will be a resident landlord, it is not like having a lodger in a bedroom who shares the kitchen etc. The granny annex has its own bathroom and kitchen and is completely self-contained. Thank you

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.