5 Thanks
49 Posts
15 years ago
Please see info below, I sent this to the helpdesk and have received a response but it hasnt answered my question regarding how I charge the guarantor for the time the house cannot be let due to the damage being through an extra months rent or just list it as a loss, would appreciate a response asap please

I accepted a housing benefit tenant with her father as guarantor, I used all the RLA forms ( so far so good) the tenant has moved on leaving the house uninhabitable, what I want to know is can I claim one months rent while the house is being put back to its original state? or do I just list it as a loss along with all the other costs and claim it that way, the guarantor has been to see a solicitor who has written to say they accept no further responsibility now the tenant has vacated, but it was made pretty clear right from the start what the obligations of a guarantor were, (he has paid allbeit reluctantly the rent that was owing)


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.