Increasing the rent

Susan Smalley
Susan Smalley
21 Thanks
129 Posts
16 years ago
I have had tenants in a flat for nearly 18 months now on a AST which is now on a rolling contract. I would like to give a months notice to increase the rent by a small amount. Is there a formal process or can I just write and let them know?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.