under 18 tenant

0 Thanks
4 Posts
14 years ago
I am about to offer a tenancy to a 19 year old male and his 17 year old girl friend. Both are reliant on Housing Benefit. I could get her mother to stand as guarantor but she is renting and is not working although her partner is. I cannot put the AST in the girls name as sheis underage but unless they claim jointly they will not get enough rent and if she is not on tenancy they cant claim jointly. any suggestions

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.