landlord address

0 Thanks
1 Posts
14 years ago
I have recently let a property to Housing Benefit. I have my old address on the tenancy agreement as I still collect my mail from there and own the property. However Crawley council who are responsible for paying the housing benefit have phoned me to say that they phoned my local council and I haven't paid any council tax at my old address for months so they are going to suspend payment to my tenant, hence no rent for me.

They will not accept a P.O. Box address on the tenancy agreement. Can I add a friends address to the teancy agreement to act as my agent?

I didn't think they had the right to do this. For personnel reasons I do not want my current address available.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.