Section 47 and 48 question_ can I claim my rental payments back?

3 Thanks
24 Posts
13 years ago
Can anyone help me with this query please?

For the last 12 months I have been paying rent (via DD) to a landlord who refuses to give me their home address. My last DD did not go through and as the landlord now wants to charge me daily interest, I am keen to clear this small dept with immediate effect by paying the landlord in cash. I keep emailing the landlord (whose email I found out by default as they had refused to give it) - asking where I can drop the cash off to clear the unpaid amount in cash.

The landlord still refuses to give me this information. I am a landlord myself but with their full permission I re rent the property out as a Corporate Let.I have read about Section 47 and 48 and I am now wondering if I can claim back the last 12 months rent I have paid them as it appears the contract I had with them may not be legal.
On top of this, the landlord has just sold the property and is serving me with notice. Is this legal when I do not have their address?

Anyone here experienced this?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.