appealing against housing

Sandy Rose
Sandy Rose
1 Thanks
34 Posts
13 years ago
I have a tenant who is currently nearly three months in rent arrears. Her rent is paid by housing benefit. I have informed housing and have completed the forms for housing to now be paid direct to myself. The tenant has also asked for them to pay me direct. However, they sent me a letter today saying that they have made a decision to pay the tenant direct. Her previous landlady has also informed them that she had rent arrears there. What can I do about this and where do I legally stand with housing. Thanks

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.