Change of tenant

0 Thanks
9 Posts
13 years ago

Property was let to 4 students on AST in September 2010 for 12 months.

One of the tenants is looking to move out and has found replacement tenant which has been approved by other tenants and landlord.

Is there any other way of changing name of tenant on agreement other than terminating existing tenancy and issuing a new AST?
Can it be done as addendum to existing agreement?

As all other tenants are still in the property we would get new tenant to agree on original invenotory checking as it was at the time of original tenants moving in.

Many thanks!


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.